Humble Bundle in Emulator
I have a bunch of Humble Bundle Android games that I wanted to play on our house entertainment computer (hooked up to a projector!) Here is how I did it. This is also a guide if you want a really fast & performant Android emulator.
This may not be useful for gaming, actually, as many games wouldn't run/install which might be "Intel Atom x86" CPU type (which is needed by accelerated emulator.) I have an Ouya, so I might end up just using that, even though I was trying avoid having to switch cables. For the games that did work, I didn't bother installing a controller, but that would probably greatly improve overall experience.
- Install the Android SDK. I put it in ~/bin/android-sdk-macosx/ and added ~/bin/android-sdk-macosx/tools to my path. This is for mac, but should apply to whatever you use.
android. Install "Android SDK Tools", one of the Android packs (I did "Android 4.4.2"), and "Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM)"
- Exit when it completes, and run
- Make a new AVD called "Nexus10" and set "Device" to "Nexus 10", CPU to "Intel Atom x86", check "Hardware keyboard present", set it to "No skin" and check "Use Host GPU"
- Exit AVDManager
- Install the Intel HAXM patch
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/bin/android-sdk-macosx/tools/lib/ ~/bin/android-sdk-macosx/tools/emulator64-x86 -avd Nexus10
- Download Humble Bundle app
- Install with
adb install ~/Downloads/HumbleBundle-1.6.2.apk
- Login & install whatever you like!
Here are the games I tried, that seemed to run full speed!
- Gunslugs (good keyboard support)
- Kareteka Classic (weird with on-screen controls)
These had issues:
- BADLAND Premium (crashed on run)
- Bloons TD 5 (crashed on run)
- Funky Smugglers (crashed on run)
- Vector (crashed on run)
- Punch Quest (crashed on run)
- Jack Lumber (wouldn't install)
- Hero Academy (wouldn't install)
- Kingdom Rush (wouldn't install)
- Ravensword: Shadowlands (crashed on run)
- Swords & Soldiers HD (crashed on run)
- Bard's Tale (installed, anddownloaded content,then crashed)
- Breach & Clear (crashed on run)